Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holiday Inspiration for Charities

How's your week going? The week is whizzing by and I still haven't bought any Christmas presents. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Late last year, the editors at Style At Home magazine asked 8 photographers if they would submit a holiday image for this year's December issue. Something they were inspired by during the holidays. All of the images selected would be 8x10, and available for purchase for $100 with proceeds benefiting various charities. I was one of the photographers asked, and I decided to donate the proceeds to The Arthritis Society. I think this is a fantastic idea, and I'm so happy to be part of it. I hope they do it again next year!

We each submitted a few photos and, from my selection, they chose this BW image. My husband and I were in Australia last Christmas, so they do have that Aussie, summery, feel to them.


I'm happy to say, I have sold a few already! I thought I'd offer up the other two images for The Arthritis Society as well. They will be printed on a beautiful, matte, archival paper, and signed. If you are interested in purchasing any of these images, please contact me directly. I would be pleased to take your money, send you a print, and hand over another cheque to The Arthritis Society.


To see the other photographer's images, and the charities they've chosen, check out the December issue of Style At Home.  Have a lovely day! 

Back soon,
Janis

9 comments:

elisa said...

how great, janis! i'm not always a fan of asking artists to donate, as they seem to get asked a lot :P but this sounds wonderful. i love the black & white. x

lisaroyhandbags said...

I love this idea! The wreath on the window is stunning (but then, I haven't seen a photo of yours I didn't love!)

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

such gorgeous images janis! xx

Will @ Bright.Bazaar said...

Such a lovely idea... hope the sales continue. :)

Karena said...

Janis beautiful works of art and such good causes!

Please Come and enter the 12 Days of Holiday giveaways! The current one is from The French Basketeer! It is stunning!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Meesh@idreamofchairs.com said...

Gorgeous photos and a great cause. You are not alone...I haven't started my Christmas shopping either! {Eeek! Gonna panic now.}

Carla said...

Hi Janis can see why your black and white was selected, congratulations! A typical paint peeling weatherboard country Aussie home.......the feather wreath is a magical touch!

No Christmas shopping done by me either!
Great blog!
Carla

tinyparticlesoflight said...

What a wonderful donation and for a great cause - I really love that print!

xo
cortnie

Vintage Home said...

they look just like Christmas!...yummy cookie receipe!